THE controversial firing of the head of Angola’s state energy giant has underlined President Jose Lourenco’s eagerness to cement his grip on power, crush dissenting voices in his increasingly divided ruling party and brought the purported anti-corruption campaign into the spotlight. View the original article here.
- SPECIAL REPORT: SHOCK TO GLOBAL OIL PRICES WILL IMPACT AFRICAN PRODUCERS AND IMPORTERS
- EXX Africa CEO Dr Robert Besseling will speak on a panel discussing operational risk management and fund due diligence at the Africa Global Funds Forum on PE Fund Operations.
- SPECIAL REPORT: ZIMBABWE ECONOMY RISKS COMPLETE SHUT-DOWN AS RECOVERY MEASURES FAIL
- UGANDA: CRUDE PIPELINE SUSPENSION IS MAJOR SETBACK TO OIL SECTOR DEVELOPMENT
- NIGERIA: WEAK TAX COLLECTIONS AND ASSET SEIZURES POSE RISK TO REPAYMENT OUTLOOK