The new government in Angola has made transparency and economic reform its much vaunted manifesto, which is buying it good will among international investors and is boosting its popularity at home. However, central tenets of control over the country’s political economy remain firmly entrenched with the same elite that has dominated Angola for generations. View the original article here.
- LESOTHO: A NEW BEGINNING FOR THE RESTIVE MOUNTAIN KINGDOM?
- EXX Africa is in Hong Kong, speaking on opportunities for Asian investors in Africa at TXF Asia 2018
- DRC: RULING COALITION STEERS TO ELECTION VICTORY, AS OPPOSITION ALLIANCE FRACTURES
- GABON: POLITICAL TRANSITION IS UNDERWAY TO SUCCEED AILING PRESIDENT
- SPECIAL REPORT: ZAMBIA’S ROAD TO DEFAULT