This time last year, Kenya was recovering from a bitter presidential election that descended into a constitutional crisis between two longtime political adversaries. After an initial ballot was annulled by the Supreme Court for irregularities, incumbent President Uhuru Kenyatta won a repeat election that opposition leader and perennial presidential candidate Raila Odinga boycotted. View the original article here.
- SPECIAL REPORT: UNPACKING THE SUDANESE POLITICAL TRANSITION
- NIGERIA: RISK OUTLOOK FOR A NEW NIGER DELTA INSURGENCY
- BOTSWANA: POLITICAL RIVALRY, GRAFT SCANDALS, AND INEQUALITY MARK THE ROAD TO ELECTIONS
- SIERRA LEONE: GOVERNMENT MARKS ONE YEAR IN OFFICE WITH A MIXED RECORD
- SPECIAL REPORT: POST-ELECTIONS POLITICAL AND ECONOMIC FORECAST FOR SOUTH AFRICA