The Mozambican former finance minister loan saga is unfolding in domestic and international courts. Now there has been growing concerns of the involvement of a senior Angolan political leader in the scandal. This could be trouble for Angola as this risks the relationship with the IMF and the prospect for economic recovery this year. Robert Besseling, Executive Director of EXX Africa joins CNBC Africa for more. View the original article here.
- NIGERIA: POLLING DAY DELAY INCREASES PROBABILITY OF ELECTION DISPUTE
- ALGERIA: DEBT CONCERNS AND SUCCESSION RACE TO INTENSIFY AFTER APRIL ELECTIONS
- SUDAN: PROSPECT OF A ‘SUDANESE SPRING’ LOOMS AS OPPOSITION UNITES
- SPECIAL REPORT: IS TANZANIA MANIPULATING ITS ECONOMIC GROWTH FIGURES?
- EXX Africa director Robert Besseling spoke on African debt sustainability at the Invest Africa Connect event at the Cape Town Mining Indaba 2019.