Calm has returned to Libreville and the internet has been restored, a day after an attempt to overthrow Gabon’s government and President Ali Bongo. The ailing leader remains out of the country, recovering from an apparent stroke, and the opposition has seized upon the foiled coup to express frustration over the 2016 elections and Bongo’s health. View the original article here.
- ALGERIA: DESPITE CONCESSIONS, THE POLITICAL ELITE DIGS IN FOR THE LONG HAUL
- COTE D’IVOIRE: HEALTHY COCOA CROP BOOSTS ECONOMIC TRAJECTORY DESPITE POLITICAL TREMORS
- SOUTH AFRICA: KEEPING THE LIGHTS ON AS ELECTIONS APPROACH
- EXX Africa participated at the Bonds, Loans & Sukuk – Africa conference last week in Cape Town.
- UGANDA: TRADE DISPUTE AND OPPOSITION TRIAL DESTABILISE OUTLOOK TOWARDS 2021 ELECTIONS