African power generation is still dominated by a mix of hydro and coal, but renewables are finding good purchase in almost every country and at increasingly affordable scale and cost. Finding the right mix in a testing climate change environment though presents many challenges. Jonathan Bell assesses the landscape. View the original article here.
- SOUTH AFRICA: CONSIDERING FINANCIAL ASSET PRESCRIPTION TO BAIL OUT THE POWER SECTOR
- SPECIAL REPORT: THE STATE OF AFRICA’S STATE-OWNED ENTERPRISES
- GHANA: CENTRAL BANK MAKES DRASTIC INTERVENTION TO PROMPT BANK CONSOLIDATION
- COTE D’IVOIRE: SPECTER OF IDENTITY POLITICS RETURNS AHEAD OF 2020 ELECTIONS
- TANZANIA: FALLING FARM SECTOR OUTPUT POSES CONTAGION RISK TO BANKING SECTOR